In Memory of Dr. James Carmichael Renick
| site |

Click image for larger version  Name:	ChancellorRenick.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.4 KB ID:	11359

It was a snowy day in early December. I was employed as a University Residence Administrator at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University in Greensboro, North Carolina.

I was going about my daily duties when I suddenly noticed a visitor standing in the residence hall's administrative area. Looking up, I immediately realized that it was Dr. James C. Renick, Chancellor of the University (his face illumined by his characteristic kind and peaceful smile). Surprised to see him, I stopped what I was doing. He asked, "Are you coming to the party"? (I had no plans of going to the party.)

Each year, in December, the university held a holiday party. I had no plans to attend the party being held that evening. He kept smiling. Thinking quickly, I made reference to the inclement weather (having no intention of coming to the party) and indicated that my attending the party was conditioned on the severity of the weather. He kept smiling and assured me that my presence at the party would be welcomed.

Well, I did attend the party. To my surprise, the party was held in two separate areas (one area for people who wanted to talk and fellowship and another area for people who wanted to dance). The talk and fellowship area was the one that suited me. I enjoyed the party.

During Dr. Renick's tenure as Chancellor of North Carolina A&T we worked (together) on a number of projects. I found him pleasant, intelligent, efficient, effective, very friendly and very helpful.

When Dr. Renick ended his tenure at N.C. A&T State University, I wrote and gave to him the following poem:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Poem_for_Chancellor_Renick.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.2 KB ID:	11360

Dr. James Carmichael Renick's homegoing service was held in Pensacola, Florida today. I send my sincere sympathy and love to Dr. Renick's wife, daughter and family.

After having watched the homegoing service (on Facebook live stream) I was moved to write this tribute and share the poem that I wrote for him.

Dr. James Carmichael Renick was a good man. He will be missed.

(The recorded version of Dr. Renick's homegoing service may be viewed at www.joemorrisfh.com or press HERE and/or HERE )

Dr. Renick's homegoing service on Facebook

By: Clarence William Page, Editor